By Small & Simple Things

By Small & Simple Things

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Small & Simple Things


Have you ever read the book The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson? It's a phenomenal book, and a fun read. I highly recommend it as a great resource for reaching goals, whether they be spiritual, physical, mental, or financial goals.

In this book, Mr. Olson talks about how making very small, consistent, daily actions towards your goals is actually more powerful and will net greater results that are more long-lasting, than putting things off to the last minute and making a big push right before your goal achievement date.

We can apply this to our search for peace.
Here are a few small things you can do each day or each week to help you move forward in that goal:
                *Pray
                *Meditate
                *Read an uplifting book
                *Take 10 deep breaths
                *Put Wild Orange and Frankincense essential oils on your heart
                *Do something on your Joy List
                *Write a list of things you're grateful for
                *Listen to classical music
                *Yoga exercises
                *Take a walk
                *Think grateful thoughts
                *Get a massage
                *Take a nap

When beginning a new habit, it is best to start small. Sometimes when we get inspired and excited about making changes we want to jump in with both feet. Then when we don't meet our own expectations we beat ourselves up for it. "I was going to exercise EVERY DAY this week, and I "only" did it FIVE times... so I'm a FAILURE!" (Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks that way??)

So, start small. Commit to do ONE of these ideas, and choose how many days this week you will do it. Then CELEBRATE and ACKNOWLEDGE yourself for your progress - even if you don't completely hit your goal!

If we change our thoughts from, "I never accomplish my goals" or "I am a failure" to... "I am doing my best" and "Look at what I accomplished!" we can re-program our brains, which will bring greater success. Louise Hay's book You Can Heal Your Life, and Carol Tuttle's book, Remembering Wholeness both discuss this concept and teach you how to do it.

What ONE THING will you do this week to help you cultivate peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment